Analytics
3.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

The Round of Spam in Google Analytics seems to have shut down my Analytics please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Usually my site has about 500 sessions a month, but this round of spam in December has shot it up to 750 and now from the end of December (22nd) to now I have only 1 session, and I am running an adwords campaign which is saying im getting clicks so I know this isn't right, Do i need a new Analytics Property ID? 
analytics.JPG

I have no idea what is happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 Expert replyverified_user

The Round of Spam in Google Analytics seems to have shut down my Analytics please help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

As the first step please check if your tracking tag is working properly using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension.

Also make sure that you are looking at an unfiltered view (it is recommended to always keep an unfiltered view). You may have an incorrectly configured filter applied to your view that blocks all the traffic. Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I just ran that and and when on my website this is what comes up,

"0 Tags found"

does this mean that my Google Analyics tracking code has suddenly vanished?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, yes, it seems that the tracking code is not installed on your site. If you have a Wordpress site, you may disabled the plugin you use for adding GA. 

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The other common thing that can happen to cause tracking code to be deleted is if the code was manually added to the site's header or other template. If done this way (without using a child theme in WordPress, for example) any upgrade or update is likely to wipe out the tracking code.

Paul