Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

The Attribution Priority of the Acquisition Channels in GAP after the DCM Integration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Comparing the situation between using DCM only and using DCM integrated with GAP.

Think of such a case: One user clicked my banner ads, landed to my campaign site but gave no conversion. Then this user entered my campaign site again through the organic search result, and made a conversion this time.

Question: Will there be a difference in the channel attribution under the two situations?

So far as I know, DCM follows the last click attribution. Therefore, in the DCM-only situation the conversion in the case will be attributed to the ad banner clicked. But what will happen in the DCM+GAP reporting system? Will this attribution goes to the search or kept under that DCM ad banner?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The Attribution Priority of the Acquisition Channels in GAP after the DCM Integration

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My money is on search (in GAP)
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Re: The Attribution Priority of the Acquisition Channels in GAP after the DCM Integration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I also think that makes more sense, for a "larger" last click attribution rule. But on the other hand, does that means the conversion number in the DCM report may shrink after the integration?