Analytics
5.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden upward spike in GA pageviews (not sessions) vs WP stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On July 21st, our pageview traffic went way up on Google Analytics, across all posts/pages. It seems to slightly less than double what the number is on WP stats for each post. The WP stats make more sense based on typical traffic levels for different types of posts on our site. 

However, the number of sessions appears to be recording correctly — usually the two lines track along with each other, but you can see the crossing at the woods at which they diverge.

Screenshot 2017-08-01 21.12.41.png

My webmaster is stumped, as am I, and they are sure there isn't any duplicate tracking code on the site. I've tried the troubleshooting suggestions but most of them are a dead-end as I can't look at "Sources/Referral" for pageviews, just sessions, which again are recording fine.

We use individual post pageview analytics for so many elements of our business and do a lot of comparisons so needless to say this is causing us a lot of stress!