Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop of page views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently had a web developer redesign my blog and the day she installed the new design I noticed a sudden drop in page views (down to 8 in a day). At first I thought it was just because the site had been in maintenance mode during the installation process, but my GA stats never went back up. It's been nearly a week now and I'm still registering 5-7 page views per day. I know something is off and I asked her if something could have happened when she did the redesign but she says she didn't touch the code and recommended that I contact Google Analytics. So here I am, knowing nothing about code but hoping for some help from somebody that does! My blog URL is: http://rainorshinemamma.com/. I inserted a picture of my recent stats too, where you can see that my page views have flat lined.

Thank you!

GA.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden drop of page views

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Linda,

You don't have an analytics tracking tag installed on your site. Most likely it was installed using a Wordpress plugin and it has been disabled accidentally, or it has been added to your theme's header file and an update has overwritten the file. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Sudden drop of page views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much! I will let my web designer know and hopefully she can take care of the problem. Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciatedSmiley Surprised)