Analytics
6.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop in visitors from mobile devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a company that has lost about 40% of its overall organic visitors in the last 3 months. The search engine rankings have not dropped and this started in June 2016. When looking through the analytics, almost all of the lost visitors have come from mobile devices both Apple and Android. I was wondering if the searches on Androids and/or Apple devices are still being counted under the organic medium in Google Analytics? Has anybody else had this experience since June? The website has not changed and it is mobile friendly.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden drop in visitors from mobile devices

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
My first inclanation when I see a sudden drop in data is to verify that someone has not applied a filter to my view in the admin section. Hopefully this is not the issue as a filter applied there is a permanent loss of the data, you can remove the filter if one exists and your data will start accumulating again but no way to retrieve the lost data. Check Admin-->View-->Filters and see if that is your culprit. I am seeing a rise in the number of mobile visitors coming to my site via mobile organic searches.