Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop in page views from previous year

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

usman e 5d
OPTIONS
Hi ,

I have almost 40,000+ page views in the year 2015 that has suddenly dropped to 5000 especially after october 2016. I am really very astonished by this sudden page drop. Could you please guide me what went wrong .

I can provide you more information i.e pdf reports etc in PMB if possible as i could not find any direct support / chat link for google analytics.

I have checked my server logs and it has more than 700,000 entries for GET
request  GA  did not captured it. Rather its showing as bounce rate.

I wonder if there is something wrong with setting up the google analytics
than how google can capture the bounce rate.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best Regards,
Uthman

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi @usman e

Is there a possibility that GA code has been removed from some of your pages?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nik,

Thankyou for your response.

I believe if GA code has been removed from the pages than ideally google analytics pageviews tool would have show it zero but it has recorded as bounce rate. 

Please advise. 

Regards, 

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

I am sorry I am not sure I understand your issue. I was referring to your issue about drop in page views from 40K to 5K

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes dear , thats correct . 

The year 2015  i had page views more than 40k , This year it has dropped off by 30k but in the month of October 2016 it drastically dropped from 10k to 900 and 11 and never gone up till the end of December. 

I was of the impression that my site might have missed the GA code but i observed GA has recorded the bounce for all the months , so should I believe that there is nothing wrong in GA configuration at my side. ? 

Is there something error logs type thing in GA administration console panel ? Other than forums how can i raise this issue to google in order to get a consolidated evidence of this sudden drop off. 

Your help is really appreciated and thanked. 

Best Regards,