Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Drop in Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have similar problem with my website. Our website is up for 5 years and recently after June 22nd, we have been seeing very very less traffic. Sudden downfall in traffic (about 50%) is very unlikely. I am sure there is some issue somewhere. The implementation of GA is perfectly fine and even tag manager shows no issues.

We use various caching: varnish, w3 total cache with wordpress and much more. I doubt if some caching is creating this problem. Any help would be highly recommended.

Thanks,

Chandan

site: seotpati.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Sudden Drop in Traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

The website does not seem to be reachable

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Sudden Drop in Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the typo.

its https://setopati.com

Sudden Drop in Traffic

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks

Sudden downfall in traffic (about 50%) is very unlikely. I am sure there is some issue somewhere. The implementation of GA is perfectly fine and even tag manager shows no issues.

Have you checked the server logs to see if there is also a drop in site traffic via the server logs, to ensure its not GA related? The numbers wont be the same, however if its a true traffic drop and not tracking related, then there will also be a noticable drop in traffic in the server logs

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Sudden Drop in Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again,

Thanks for the heads up. Thank you for the suggestions.

Which metrics do we match with the server logs hits? Is it pageviews? or the sessions?

Thanks in advance,

Chandan