Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Status 502 Bad Request when querying Core Reporting API V4

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Since a few hours every request I send to the Core Analytics API v4 returns a Status 502 "Bad Gateway" error message. Since I haven't made any change to my application I was wondering if there was any problem with the API?

I cannot run even the HelloAnalytics script, using the right ViewID. This script was working perfectly before.

The only thing I did this morning was to authorise the requests from the API Explorer using OAuth 2.0. Could that have had any impact on my app authorisation?

Many thanks,

Gianluca

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Status 502 Bad Request when querying Core Reporting API V4

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
What authetinication where you origionally using? Changing your authentication method could very well have impacted your ability to access data via the API.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it :-)

The service is using an API key (P12 format). Should I use the OAuth 2.0? I'm not very familiar with it but I see there is quite a lot written about it in the official documentation.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Not sure what my team uses or even if it matters, but I would be consistent in using the same authentication method across the board both for all my API calls.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay I'll try to implement OAuth 2.0 authentication tomorrow morning and let you know if that fixed the problem. Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It turned out to be a network issue.