Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Statistic Differences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

For a while I've been running updates on a website for a client and every month I would send them the months stats from their host: Arvixe. They needed Unique Visitors, Visits, Page Views, and Hits for a monthly report. In December a new member of their team requested that I set up a Google Analytics account for them too because Arvixe couldn't track percentage of new visitors.

When I sent the monthly stats this new person noticed that there was a big discrepancy between the Google Analytics and Arvixe numbers. Specifically with regards to page views. What would cause this discrepancy?

Any help would be appreciated so I can explain this to the client.

Thanks!

Sara

Re: Statistic Differences

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Please refer Zorin's reply here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Code-Implementation/Not-All-Our-Sessions-Are-Being-Tracked...

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi GA Guru, Would you be able to dumb that down for me a bit. I'm not an expert on websites and/or web statistics so I'm not sure how to translate what Zorin said into something that my client would understand. Thanks! Sara

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Different analytics tools work on their own logic/way they are designed.

Comparing data from two tools may lead to confusion.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.