Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Source and medium report segregation by page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In the source and medium report I would like to add a page dimension in order to specify a specific target (As I would do in the Behavior > Site content section)

But I get a split of the sources per each page existing on the website.

I would like a view that gives:

All pages containing the term "XXX" > each sources.

My first dimension would stay the sources but the target would be all the pages containing a specific term (giving only one entry for this dimension)

I hope I am being clear...

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Source and medium report segregation by page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi amicka,

that may be done by Analytics content groupings with rule-set method [1]. In this way, you may bundle together all pages containing XXX. You can use that content group then in any report as you would have used a single page.

Christoph

[1] https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2853546?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Christoph,

The grouping function is understood and thank you for showing it to me.

Unfortunately, I might be missing a point, I have been creating 2 sets of rules for tests, one by extraction and one by rule definition;

In any case I get a "not set" value BUT the good part is that I don't see this splitting happening between the referral sources anymore!

I'm going to dig the grouping part some more and try to figure out what I'm missing.

Thank you for your help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi amicka,

Don't mind - that's just the rest of pages that has escaped your grouping definition so far ... Just insert 'page' as secondary dimension (second column) in your content-grouping report. Here you see what's behind 'not set' and waiting for your grouping definition.

Christoph