Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Source Medium and Ad content

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I am having a little tough time to understand one of Google analytics report. The report is source-medium report + ad content. 

Here is the thing - I am running multiple campaign on multiple platforms like Google Search, Display, and Facebook, Emails as well. So track every platform performance I am using specific UTM codes. So each and every platforms has it's unique UTM which gives me a clear picture of Platforms performance. I am using ad content UTM as well in all my campaign to track ad content performance.

Now the problem is when I go to source medium report tab and enter any of my campaign it displays a particular number but when I add ad content in secondary dimension the conversion number shoots up by 5-10 digits.  

Just to make it more clear If I select one campaign source medium like Campaign A the conversion displays 30 and when for the same campaign A I add secondary dimension and add ad content the the conversion shows the 35 or something. It's always higher than just source medium conversion.

So my question is if the source medium is same and I just add the ad content as secondary dimension why the numbers goes up.

Please help me understand.