Analytics
3.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Source/Medium Transaction issue in report download

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I face a different issue.

When I select source medium and secondary dimension as transaction ID for a month's data and the number of transactions are showing up less than when I select for a day.

So I end up downloading data for every day.

why is that data is not showing up correctly while selecting the month range and showing when I select one day.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

My first suggestion is to check whether your data is sampled - check the warning box below the date range selector and see how much of the data is being used to create your report.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

thank you. It says that report is based on 16% of sessions.

if I want the full report instead of sample. what has to be done.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hello, good to find the issue. You've already got one potential solution, that of analysing the days separately. This blog post from Lunametrics is a good source of solutions: http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2013/06/24/solutions-google-analytics-sampling-problems-8-ways-data/

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.