Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Some of our Monthly reports doesn't reach our recipients?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How come that some of our monthly reports does not reach some of our recipients?
Our IT department has checked their log files but the can't see some of our email containing the reports.
The IT department have recommended me to contact Google and ask why? When we used Omniture we could easily se if something went wrong, can we se the status in GA?
Thanks!
Jonas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Some of our Monthly reports doesn't reach our recipients?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
I have yet to find a way to verify that a report is being delivered and we suffered the same issue, since I have a lot of developers I had them develope me an external solution and my problems have been solved. While this approach wont help you, one thing to consider is the problem could be the receiptents email server or email account it maybe treated as spam and is just discarded out right or is being displayed in a junk or spam folder. Another possibility is the receiptent may have some rules in place and those rules are inadvertently causing issues. If you have multiple indiviudals on the same email server and some are receiving and some are not it may be a problem on googles side. It would be nice if they provided metrics on how many emails are sent and confirmation when emails are sent then at least you would know which side the problem is on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your kind answer! Our reports are sent out within your organisation; therefore I can verify from our IT department that some of the messages containing the reports never even reached our firewall. I have also verified the addresses, that’s why it would be very interesting to have the possibility to see if something happens in GA.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone please guide me how to get in contact with a Google representative, this is a big issue for our organisation? Right now some of our offices, in our global organisation, does not receive a report.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Sweden while I do not know how to contact Google support have you gone into the Admin section and looked at scheduled email to make sure these reports have not expired.By default these reports are only active for 6 months.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Brian, thank you again! I have already checked. My latest option is to investigate the opt-out possibility, unfortunately I can't find it anywhere in GA - to see if someone by mistake has activated opt-out for our reports...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Does your organisation spend with AdWords?
although this is a GA question often you AdW rep can get help for you.
As this is where you are an actual paying customer of Google (I assume you are using free GA) and your rep will be keen to help if you have a spend.