Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Social Media Referral Traffic

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good Morning from York UK,

I need to understand please social session traffic by channel better. Highlighted in yellow below is the data i want to understand more.

So is the below saying 153 sessions on the home page were referred from socail media channels. And of that 153 only 27 made it through to the booking page?

I guess i need to know if the 27 is related to the 153 arriving at the home page or are they totally unrelated as in landing page traffic?

Thanks,

David

google-analytics-social-1.JPG

google-analytics-social-2.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Visit Y
October 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If you just want to look at the 30 that came from the host facebook.com you can create a filter where host name exactly matches facebook.com, if you are going to be moving around within GA and want to maintain the 30 facebook.com as your view you will need to create a segment. Filters get erased as you move from one report to another while a segment remains the focus as you move around.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi David,

It might be more useful to use the Landing Page report instead of All Pages to look at channel information. Some of those 153 pageviews might have occurred within the same sessions which could be skewing your analysis.

Another thing you can do is set a destination goal for the booking page- this way you can see the conversion rate and completions right in the default Channels report.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Samantha,

Finding this one hard to articulate but the below image illustrates my challenge. I need to know in this example how many of the 30 facebook originated sessions make it to specific pages. 

I guess what I'm trying to measure is if 30 facebook sessions arrive at the home page where do they go as a group / cohort, does that 30 make it to the book a room page? Does that specific 30 all leave at the home page. How can i just keep my analysis in this specific 30?
tracking-facebook-traffic.JPG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Visit Y
October 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If you just want to look at the 30 that came from the host facebook.com you can create a filter where host name exactly matches facebook.com, if you are going to be moving around within GA and want to maintain the 30 facebook.com as your view you will need to create a segment. Filters get erased as you move from one report to another while a segment remains the focus as you move around.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you @Brian B Really liked how you explained the difference in filters and segments, now to set up a segment!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning  my  name  is  Ivan  i have  a new social networking  app, but i need a help for  advertising, iblah-blah.com 

Thanks  Iblah-blah.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Iblah-blah.com

Hi my name  is Ivan i have new  app, i Want  to know  how i can advertising, i really  appreciate your  help  

Respectfully 

Ivan Perez