Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

So much data but what use is it without action?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Buongiorno :-)

Google analytics at first promises so much. The live data, the geo location data and my favorite toy site content all pages.

But what use is it if no action / meaningful insights can be garnered from ll the data?

Ive been in the digital marketing sector for years and frankly senior management glaze over when you talk about anything more than general user counts.

So my question is, "What can google analytics do to make the top tier of any online organisation think yes Google Analytics is critical to my business".

Now apart from eCommerce Data, knowing what pages are being ignored, what are the real gems  beyond the obvious that could be critical for a business to know?

Grazie mille,

David

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey David, 

There are no correct answers and there are plenty of other high level analytics platforms but in my opinion Google Analytics is special, here's a case for Google Analytics: 

#1 You get access/insights into organic searches and search phrases that you wouldn't get anywhere else. 

#2 Running ANY kind of advertising campaign? Use features like geo-location, behavior, interests, etc. from the Audience section to optimize your campaigns (AdWords or any other platform). 

#3 Take advantage of their advanced features like User ID for hyper targeted information or their many conversion models to make a better case for less directly effective channels. 

There's so many reasons! But its your job as an advertiser to mine this data to make your campaigns more effective, justify marketing efforts, help build 'personas' of your customer base, and more! 

Hope this helps, 

Josh 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

So my question is, "What can google analytics do to make the top tier of any online organisation think yes Google Analytics is critical to my business".

I'll try to be brief. GA is a tool and as such it will not do anything by itself. What you need is someone to use the tool to its full potential. Someone who can provide insights, or as it's widely said, actionable insights. Someone who is not only data driven but above all business minded.

Along these lines, you may well very much like what Avinash writes.

http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/

Best of luck with your quest for meaningful data Smiley Happy