Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sharp decline in session and visits in August 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.  I have 2 separate websites in production for at least a year.  In mix August 2015, Google analytics is showing a 99% decrease in sessions and visits.  Can you help me understand what might be the root cause of this issue?

Re: Sharp decline in session and visits in August 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Renee, how are things?

99% decrease it's a huge drop. That usually indicates that something is wrong with the GA snippet on the website.

Did you guys changed anything on August? Do you use any CMS like WordPress or Joomla (plataform or theme might got updated)?

It would be great if could provide more information, even your website URL if possible.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello. Thank you for your speedy response! We built one website with prestashop (fineartlimited.com) and one with drupal (thehikinginn.com). Both sites showed the sharp decline on same days. The date is August 17th-18th on both. Since it occurred on both sites we thought maybe a new algorithm was released? Your help is really appreciated. Renee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have similar findings and we haven't changed anything at all. I am also seeing a decline in sales with an associated source and medium - upwards of 15% of sales which is highly unusual