Analytics
6.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sharing custom reports with users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a custom report and added a widget to a corresponding dashboard. Several people within my organization use these dashboards so I'd like them to be able to see the custom report and click through to the report from the dashboard. Any helpful tips or advice? 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Nina H,

In order to do this, you should have at least 'collaborate' level access to the Google Analytics view. If you have it than after creating your dashboard, you can click on 'Share' button then 'Share Object'. When you do this, your dashboard will be available for the other users who access to the same view. You can also share your custom report by providing its template link.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much. The dashboard itself is shared so others can see it, but when they click on the title of the widget that I added from my custom report, they can't see the custom report to drill down further. Is there a way that they can see the custom report as well as the dashboard? 

Re: Sharing custom reports with users

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You're welcome. As far as I know, you need to share your custom report with them because when you share your dashboard you just share the dashboard itself not the custom report. You can do this by providing them its template link.

You can find the template link on 'Custom Reports' -> 'actions' -> 'Share'

Screenshot_23.png

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But this just lets me share the report configuration, not the full report with the data. 

Re: Sharing custom reports with users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nina H,

Even I have the same problem. It shares the report config but not the data. Have you found a solution for it?