Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sharing centrally maintained custom reports

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We have a number of users, each responsible for different sites (ie each property is a web site, with 1 or more users able to read/view data).

However, we would like to build some standard custom reports and let the users run them for their sites. 

I have tried shared dashboards and sharing individual reports but is seems the only option is for them to import the custom reports into their own account. 

That would be ok, but then if centrally we decide to change the report (eg, add new dimensions or metrics) they would have to delete the original and we would share the new version again. That is, there doesn't seem to be a way to have centrally administered reports that can be updated and the revised version immediately available to use for all users.

Is my understanding correct, or is there a way of achieving this?

Re: Sharing centrally maintained custom reports

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Create a MCC account with one main user. Any child-user will have to work with the head account administrator in tailoring the dashboards they see.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
We don't use adwords, just analytics. Will this still work?

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I would create hierarchies of users and changes go through one person, more info... Let other users see your data or apply your Dashboards to their data https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1069386?hl=en This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I think I understand.
However, we will have many views (because we have many sites and therefore many properties, each with a view), so we would still have the problem that if we change the main custom report, how do we share that changed custom report with (for example) 30 users each accessing a different view in a different property?