Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Several page titles for the same page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I've failed to see any post related to this issue that I'm having, so I'm making my own in hope that someone has encountered that problem before.

When looking through my Analytics reports, I noticed that this one page has more than one page title (it shows the actual page title, as well as over a thousand different one, that each seem to be viewed by visitors).

These titles are from other pages of the website, just not from the page in question.

For example, if the url of this page was /page-1.html, the page titles in the report are the title for /page-1.html, but also the titles for /page-2.html and /page-3.html, all shown as if they belonged to /page-1.html...

Does anybody have an explanation as to how this happened (and hopefully how to fix it) ?

Thank you very much in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Several page titles for the same page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Amélie,

That's really weird, if you can post your site URL we could check if Google Analytics is working correctly on your site.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

The website is https://www.espace-aubade.fr/

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Tracking code looks fine

One thing you can check in GA: Any filters applied at view level.

Also can you give screenshot of the issue in report for better understanding?

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, do we have an answer for this as I am facing the same issue.  For same URL I am having 247 different page titles, which is definitely not right. Please, can someone help?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Are your pages virtual pages, or do they have a unique url?

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.