Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up site search?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

Can anyone guide me please. I'd like to set up site search on my Wordpress site and pick up any search queries used on the site via my GA reporting.

- Do I need to use a plugin - if so, what do you recommend?

- I'd like to track any and all search queries. The Google help information mentions I have to define some parameters. I don't really understand that. Can I ignore it? What's its purpose?

Thanks

John-Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting up site search?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

John-Paul the query parameter is need it is what identifies the search as a search and it is easy to determine go to your website and do a search on the result page look at the URL it will say something like www.yoursite.com/searchresults.aspx?s=search_term_entered in this case the query parameter would just an s no equal sign no question mark just an s, on my sites I see this parameter as a q, s, or r but it can be anything. If you still need help then the community would need to know your URL but the above should get you started.

Setting up site search?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I got this sorted. It was more straightforward than I anticipated. Thanks for the help.

John-Paul