Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up a custom report, Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to replicate a custom report by a previous freelancer and I've actually never set up reports in analytics. Can someone help me replicate this report?

Each time I go to "Customization" and try to add the metrics I believe are needed for this data, it does not display the data in the same way it does in this PDF. I've sent multiple test emails to myself and cannot copy the easy-to-read style of this PDF

I have included the PDF (with some info blurred for security reasons). If anyone can tell me how to replicate this I'd be very happy.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremiahanalytics-image.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremiah C
April 2016

Re: Setting up a custom report, Analytics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Jeremiah,

First thing to note that this is not a custom report you are referring to, rather it is a dashboard. So that would be created and viewed through your standard reports (ie. the "Reporting" tab).

The various boxes you see are the different dimensions and metrics, so the "Session" widget would grab the "Sessions" metric like so, with a "2.1 Metric" widget:

Screenshot - 4_6_2016 , 5_08_59 PM.png

Same thing goes for "Users", "Pageviews", "Bounce Rate", "New Users", "Unique Pageviews", etc.

The "Pageviews by Landing Page" and "Pageviews by Source" widgets would be created from a "Table" widget with the "Landing Page" set as the dimension and "Pageviews" as the metric.

Screenshot - 4_6_2016 , 5_11_16 PM.png

Hope this guides you in the right direction.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeremiah,
I can't tell you how to create exact dashboard but I'm giving you link for similar dashboard link. First sign in your GA account , open this link @ https://www.google.com/analytics/web/importing?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_ca...

Select a view for your website and you will have the access of wonderful SEO dashboard.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremiah C
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Jeremiah,

First thing to note that this is not a custom report you are referring to, rather it is a dashboard. So that would be created and viewed through your standard reports (ie. the "Reporting" tab).

The various boxes you see are the different dimensions and metrics, so the "Session" widget would grab the "Sessions" metric like so, with a "2.1 Metric" widget:

Screenshot - 4_6_2016 , 5_08_59 PM.png

Same thing goes for "Users", "Pageviews", "Bounce Rate", "New Users", "Unique Pageviews", etc.

The "Pageviews by Landing Page" and "Pageviews by Source" widgets would be created from a "Table" widget with the "Landing Page" set as the dimension and "Pageviews" as the metric.

Screenshot - 4_6_2016 , 5_11_16 PM.png

Hope this guides you in the right direction.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much, Nicky!