Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sessions showing for Google Site that is not shared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a Google Site that I originally had shared with 'anyone with the link', but I have since changed this to private, so that only I can access.

Despite not going on this site myself for some time, the Analytics is still showing a large number of hits or 'sessions' on the site each day. 

Why would this be happening if nobody can view the site?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gordon B
January 2016

Re: Sessions showing for Google Site that is not shared

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gordon :-)

Sounds like there may possibly be an issue with spam data. This is a known issue for google analytics (and a number of other tracking products)

The following article is a bit of a read yet it is worth the time to do so.
It explains the different types of spam data and has examples of the types of filters
to combat this issue in your reports
http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gordon B
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gordon :-)

Sounds like there may possibly be an issue with spam data. This is a known issue for google analytics (and a number of other tracking products)

The following article is a bit of a read yet it is worth the time to do so.
It explains the different types of spam data and has examples of the types of filters
to combat this issue in your reports
http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you so much for your reply. I was unaware of the issue with spam data so this is all very interesting to me... I will try resolve the issue using one of the solutions in the link you provided.

Thanks again! Much appreciated.

Gordon