Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sessions count by date and page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out how to create what seems like it should be a simple report to export.

| Apr 1 | Apr 2 | Apr 3 | ... 

/home | 5 | 5 | 3

/example | 3 | 1 | 2

/other | 1 | 2 | 1

Basically one column per date in the date range, and one row per page, with a session count as the value. I'd like to export something like this to excel for a 1 or 2 month period.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dustin G
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dustin,

go to "Customization" and set up a custom report using "sessions" as metric and "page" as dimension. Then, change from the normal "Data" view of the table to "Pivot" view [1] and pivot by "day of month". If you want, you may export this table as Excel sheet.

Note, however, that the table created in this way is sorted by sessions in both pages and days.

Best, Christoph

[1] https://www.optimizesmart.com/super-duper-guide-google-analytics-pivot-tables/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. This is almost perfect. I had tried a few things in explorer including a pivot table, and then tried flat table and got stuck. I see "day of month" or even "date" works great.

I can then show 5000 rows, and export. But, how do I get more than 5 columns of data to export? I can use the left/right arrows to navigate between the 49 columns, but export only captures the 5 currently visible columns.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dustin,

That's right - I don't find any workaround for that. Maybe it's easier to insert a second dimension in Google Analytics instead of a pivot table, export that to Excel, and create the pivot only there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. This was helpful.