Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sessions containing two specified pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to report on how many sessions by visitors to our site have at any time viewed two different pages.

As part of the registration flow the user will first view a login / create account page, and on successful account creation they will see a welcome page. The registration itself is handled by a 3rd party system and there are a (variable) number of frame and top-level redirects between the create account page and welcome page.

Optimally I would be able to report sessions which were on the create account page, then subsequently (at any time during the session) on the welcome page.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but attempts to report sessions with 2 'Page' dimensions, or using 'Page' and 'Second Page' do not return the correct numbers.

Many thanks,

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex B
February 2016

Re: Sessions containing two specified pages

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

You may set up a custom sequence-based segment as shown below - just insert the corresponding page URLs.

screenshot.gif

Note, however, that if you're using several domains in your website setup, generally, you have to apply cross-domain tracking in order to get a single common session for that user.

Christoph

Re: Sessions containing two specified pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christoph,

Thanks so much for your help. That's solved it for me.

Best,

Alex