Analytics
4.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sessions and users column swapped around in reports?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all

I noticed recently that the sessions and users columns have been swapped around on certain properties as shown below:

Untitled.jpg

This is causing problems for me when putting together reports, as I'm making mistakes when instinctively thinking I'm looking at the sessions column, when I'm unknowingly looking at the users column, and vice versa.

However, on different properties within the same account, these columns are in the same order they used to be (not as shown above) - this makes me think there is a setting somewhere which needs to change. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Sessions and users column swapped around in reports?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Regan,

Maybe it is time to start reporting via an API or by using Data Studio. Reporting manually via Google Analytics can lead to human error on many cases. A more accurate option would be to use Data Studio https://datastudio.google.com/ for reporting. You can create almost any report you need and personalise the report to your clients needs.