Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Session expired, please help me!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to use my newly created Analytics code on my business webpage. They have a space for the code, but when I copy the code from the analytics page and paste it in, I get an error that says "session has expired, please login again".. I can not find a solution for this. I have googled and been working on this for almost 3 hours and I still can not get my code to add to my website.

I even tried changing the session time, that didn't work either. Can anyone help me, please???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WicklessTrisha I
August 2016

Re: Session expired, please help me!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

can you explain a bit more? where are you putting the code? is the website saying session expire or the GA?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am putting the code on my website where they have a place for it.. I copied the long code from my GA page that they gave me but then I paste it onto my website and save it I am getting the session expired message.. and I know that I am logged in to my website because I am able to then navigate to other sections of it after I get that error..

My company gave us the option to use GA, but i obviously doing something wrong because it won't work for me. i've spent  a majority of the day on it.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hey wickless,

what do you mean by a long code? isn't it something like this?
http://www.cutroni.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/20071211_code_tabs.png

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, I am terrible at technology stuff. I was hoping to just copy the code and paste it in there and be done..
But yes, that is exactly what mine looks like, but when I copy it and then paste it in the spot that my workstation gives me on my website, I get the error that says my sessions has expired and that I need to login again..
I'm not sure if there is a setting or something in the GA that I can click on to change something so my code works?

are you able to email me so that I can share pics with you and stuff? Maybe you could help me better that way? Or is that not allowed? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WicklessTrisha I
August 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hey,

yes sure