Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Session count in case of a forced update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to understand how a mobile session records app version in forced update scenarios.

For example - User has an app version 1.0, then the min. version for a forced update is 2.0. The app is launched and the update message comes up:

1. Scenario #1 - the user chooses not to update and closes the app

2. Scenario #2 - the user chooses to update and keeps using the app after the updated (uninterruptedly)

How would the sessions in each of these 2 scenarios be recorded? What app version number would show for the session in each of the scenarios?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Session count in case of a forced update

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Nadia,

I think (not certain) that app version is a lot like landing page in that it's a session level dimension that is set at the beginning of the session and if true, your sessions in the scenarios above would show the old version.    It's slightly more complicated based upon how the upgrade happens and whether or not the hit actually is sent and if a new session begins after upgrade etc etc.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn