Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Session Unification Not Working With Custom Dimensions On The Session Level

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have two Views, one a Standard View and one is a User ID view. The website has a multi page lead capture form which issues a unique ID on completion of the final page, which is sent as a userID to Analytics. I collect almost all the data about the lead on previous pages before the final ID page, and therefore I have to rely on Session Unification to stitch up the first few pages to the same User ID.

For some reason, any custom dimensions that I set via an event in those first few pages do not get processed in the User ID view although they all get processed in the standard view for session-level metrics and dimensions. The events are all recorded and even Goals based on the events are recorded. Although I had 5000 users who submitted the form, when I break the data down by Session Unified Custom Dimensions, I receive a close to Zero amount of Sessions and 5000 Users.

What could be going wrong with Session Unification with Custom Dimensions on the Session level?