AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Session Unification Not Working With Custom Dimensions On The Session Level

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have two Views, one a Standard View and one is a User ID view. The website has a multi page lead capture form which issues a unique ID on completion of the final page, which is sent as a userID to Analytics. I collect almost all the data about the lead on previous pages before the final ID page, and therefore I have to rely on Session Unification to stitch up the first few pages to the same User ID.

For some reason, any custom dimensions that I set via an event in those first few pages do not get processed in the User ID view although they all get processed in the standard view for session-level metrics and dimensions. The events are all recorded and even Goals based on the events are recorded. Although I had 5000 users who submitted the form, when I break the data down by Session Unified Custom Dimensions, I receive a close to Zero amount of Sessions and 5000 Users.

What could be going wrong with Session Unification with Custom Dimensions on the Session level?