Analytics
4.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Session Concept help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

H

Hello All,

I have few questions.

If a user come to my website and then go to another website and then returns back to my website within 30 minutes do GA generate a new session or not?

If a user come to my website and then go to another website and then returns back to my website after 30 minutes do GA generate a new session or not?

If a user comes to my website and do clicks,navigates to other inner pages ,watch video do each time with each activity ga strarts a new session or all those activities grouped into a single session?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Session Concept help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

1/ no, still the same session

2/ yes, separate session

3/ all grouped within single session as long as there is no pause longer than 30 minutes in between interactions

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Session Concept help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer.

Now if someone comes to my website through Google organic then go to another website and from there he comes  back to my website through some paid ads within 30 minutes then GA i suppose create a new session as campaign source is changed now.

Am i right?

Session Concept help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct, multiple traffic sources (within the same 30-minute window) create multiple sessions

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Session Concept help

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien,

A little off topic question I have a lot of interest in GA.

So can i make money for consulting GA to others?If yes where to start from.

If you mail me some hints here at: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Session Concept help

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sure, let me send you an entire business plan

Session Concept help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien

Session Concept help

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I'm afraid that previous response was made 100% of sarcasm.

Session Concept help

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi Julien,

Please ensure that you review the Community Guidelines and keep this a friendly and respectful place.

Thanks!

Best,

Spencer

Session Concept help

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Princess Leia just died. My crankiness is dialed all the way up. Sorry about that.