Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Server-side events shown in realtime are not present in reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In our web app, we track user registrations via server-side events sent to our UA property. Everything worked just fine until February 17th, then registrations dropped to 0 from the 18th onwards.

We can still see them in realtime though, and client-side events are reported correctly. We are not hitting monthly or daily limits.

The web app is hosted on AWS servers (the corresponding IPs are not filtered), and the code sending registration events has not changed in months.

Anyone experiencing similar issues or having suggestions to sort out the problem?

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Server-side events shown in realtime are not present in reports

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Any filters applied recently on the GA end ?

Any JS error on the server end stopping the request to GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi A T,
No, the only filter there is for BOTs and it has been applied for about six months now without interfering with server-side events, so I am pretty sure that is not causing any problem.
The web-app back-end is in PHP and it uses Measurement Protocol to send the hit to the GA endpoint. As I said, we can see them in real-time view, plus nothing has recently changed code-wise on that side.
So the issue is not that they are not received or that they are filtered on arrival, it is that for some reason they are getting discarded when reports are generated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We're having the same problem - server-side events show in real-time, but days later don't show in Behaviour. Client-side events seem fine.
There aren't any filters preventing them being shown.