Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Separate Dashboards for Search and Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to create custom dashboards to simplify AdWords reporting (that way I can just export to pdf). I want to separate out my Paid Search Network from my Paid Display Network ads. Under Dashboards, I see you can add widgets for different metrics where you choose Filter this data: Only Show >source/medium exactly matches google / cpc. Google / cpc filters out all paid traffic but how can I go the one step further to separate out my search from my display?

I haven't fully UTM parameter tagged my campaigns. Also I'd like to not filter it out by each individual campaign name because that could be a pain when adding new campaigns in AdWords.

Dashboards - widgetDashboards - widget

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelsey C
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This wont be exact as there are always going to be some that dont track correctly and turn up as (not set)
however if you add a 2nd filter to the above widget

Dont Show > Keyword > Exactly Matching > (not set)
Should take care of showing numbers for most of the search traffic, as the traffic generated by google search will have keywords
Where as display traffic or non keyword generated traffic will come in as (not set)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just thought I'd come back and explain the solution I found in case anybody else has this question. I tried Bronwyn's way which was a great idea but I couldn't quite get it to fully work. So I went to the new Data Studio and I was able to easily accomplish separate reports for Search and Display. I just used their AdWords reporting template, then applied a Page filter > by campaign type > 'Search Only' or 'Display Only'.

Data Studio - applying a page filter by Campaign TypeData Studio - applying a page filter by Campaign Type

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks for the update Kelsey, most useful :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here