Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Self Referrals issue with cookie for returning visitors

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, We have 4 websites but all of them let users log-in in another domain, to be able to use a SSO (single sign-on), and once someone logs in, comes back to the original domain. The result is that in each Google Analytics we have the log-in domain as referral, and we'd want to avoid this. I tried to set the referral exclusion for the domain where people log-in, but I still see the referral. Probably because the log-in page is used by customers, then returning, that already have a GA cookie. I found in a blog that I must set the campaign timeout from 6 months to 1 minute, to avoid that cookie; but I was wondering: doesn't this affect the numbers for new/returning visitors of the website? Does anyone has a solution to advice how to avoid that these returning visitors (customers using the web tool) create log-in referral each time the use the application? Thanks, Frederick