Analytics
3.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Segments - Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everybody,

I want to see some data from a specific report for one specific segment. This segment is: People who visit my website in Spain and who are new visitors.

I have created the segment for "people who visit my website in Spain" and everything look fine. Moreover, the segment "new visitors" is already created on Google Analytics by default. Unfortunately, I do not know how to combine the 2 segments in order to see "People who visit my website in Spain and who are new visitors"

I hope you can help me,

Thanks,

Carlos

Re: Segments - Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Carlos,

There is no need to apply two segments at once in this case.

The way that I would handle this is by first going to Audience > Behavior> New vs Returning. This shows you new vs returning visitors over all of your data. Then I would create a segment by which to narrow down the country (Create new segment > Location: country contains spain > Save). The table below should then give you the data you are looking for.

Hope that helps!
Maitri

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Maitri,

Thank you very much for the answer. It is crystal clear. You are right but I believe I was not clear enough. For example, I would like to see the "demographics: overview" and see the age or gender for people who visit my website in Spain and who are only "returning visitors" (This is just an example). In other words, I would like to see any standard report from GA narrowing down the country (Spain) and the type of user as well (For example "returning visitors")

Thanks,
Carlos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CARLOS U
June 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Carlos,

There are a few ways to achieve the result you're looking for.

1) You can use the system built (default) segment that you mentioned, but instead of hitting Apply when you select "New User"...on the right hand side of your screen there is a drop down labeled "Actions" select this and click "Copy". This will allow you to combine the "New Visitor" condition with your other condition of Demographic>Location>Country>Spain ....the result should be what you are looking for.

2) Another option is to simply build the complete segment from scratch...
New Segment>Conditions> User Type & Demographic>Location>Country>Spain

Now this segment can be applied to Standard Reports as you please.

Hope this helps,
Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Very clear and well explained. I appreciate it! Thanks for solving my doubts Grant!