Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Segmenting by Users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Metrics and KPI I use for analysis are very heavily based on (unique) users. The only way I know to get the user count is by going to Public > Overview. 

I can't get the user count, say, on the Seach Console tab or the landing page one. This forces me to segment for each landing page and get the user count in Public > Overview. And only then I can finally calculate the performance KPI. I would overcome sometimes with custom reporting, but as for Search Console the workaround is not always possible

Isn't there a quicker way? Can I swap the Session count for the user one?  

Thank you

Segmenting by Users

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Search console report data is generated as a result of google Search Console product. The reason for why can’t add user directly to report is because analytics and search console data are not interlinked and segmenting the data might not give you correct data.

hope this help

kind regards 

Noman Karim

Segmenting by Users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the reply. Ok for search console. What about site-global landing pages (the one under behavior), is it possible to know how many users landed on those pages?

As of now I'm running a custom segmentation for each page and I'm getting the data from Audience > Overview, but I'd like to know whether there is a more straightforward and less time-consuming workaround.

Thanks