Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Segment where condition merely exists?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm new to GA, but used to Omniture. 

In order to monitor the health of my implementation I'd like to set up a dashboard with graphs for my custom dimensions, in order to have an overview.

I'd like to have the number of screen views per custom dimensions in a graph. How would I best achieve that? Segmentation only allows me to set conditions on session or user granularity and further I cannot find any settings in the segment menu, which allows me to view sessions for all values of custom dimension xy. Instead I can only specifically include/exclude values.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Segment where condition merely exists?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Alessandro to create a Dashboard the very first item in the left had menu should say "Dashborads" click on that then choose + New Dashboard to create a new dashborad from there you can determine the type of display for the widget or section of the dashborad your choices are Metric, Timeline, Geomap, table, pie chart or bar graph. Let me know if you need help once you start your dashboard.

Re: Segment where condition merely exists?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thx Brian, but I know how to create dashboards. What I miss though is the funcitonality to trendline specific values for one custom dimension. We have a custom dimension for errors. I'd like to have a dashboards with a trendline for the most common errors. In the individual report I can easily plot the top rows, but is it possible to show plotted values in dashbaords too?