Analytics
4.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information
 
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Segment Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having issues with getting segments to work within GA. When I set a condition segment for urls that start with a particular country/language extension it pulls in other country language urls. I've tried multiple variants of the segments and nothing  seems to work (even when i use 'exactly matches'). These have worked in the past so i'm not sure what's causing this. 

 

Segment Issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If you create an advanced segment and set the condition to e.g. "Include Sessions" where "Page Path" begins with e.g. "/en-us", then this simply includes sessions that had pageviews on pages beginning with "/en-us". If any of those sessions also viewed pages with other languages, e.g. "/fr-fr", then those will also show up.

 

Alternatively, you should create a custom report and set the filter to "Page" matches regex "^/en-us" or setup a separate view just for specific country pages using the same filter.