AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

See GA data within a geofence?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating a performance report for an app that delivers offers to users within a geofence.

App users may use the app both inside and outside of the geofence within a reporting period.

I would like to separate data for user activity within the geofence and outside of it.

1. How can I see GA data within a geofence?

2.  Any considerations re: that the same users may use the app both inside and outside the geofence within a reporting period.  

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: See GA data within a geofence?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adding to the above --
Is it possible to track activity occurring in the time between two events (entry and exit messages triggered by geofence) for all users w/in X time period (week, month)?

Re: See GA data within a geofence?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Somehow you need to tell GA is the user is inside the geofence. The easiest way is probably to use a custom dimension to record the in/out status when recording page/screen views. Then all the standard reporting could be used with simply filters or segments to separate inside or outside visits.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.