Analytics
6.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Second dimension not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Im making a report based on the 'Default Channel Grouping' and as a second dimension Im trying to add 'Source'.

Unfortunately its not working, whenever I press save in the custom report it automatically deletes the second dimension and I have to add it in the widget itself.

That works fine for me, but whenever I add the report to my dashboard it, again, automatically deletes the second dimension so I can only see the metrics based on 'Default Channel Grouping' in my dashboard.

Does someone have an answer for this, or am I doing something wrong?

Hidde

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hidde M
December 2015

Re: Second dimension not showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hidde,

the standard report type for custom reports is "Explorer" - that means only one dimension primarily.

You have two possibilities:

(1) To choose "Flat table" type in your custom-report definition - there you can define up to five dimensions at a glance. But you will miss some report capabilities with that.

(2) To modify your saved custom report with second dimensions, number of lines, segments, metrics displayed etc. and then make a "shortcut" - that is a "freeze" of exactly that report.

Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hidde M
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hidde,

the standard report type for custom reports is "Explorer" - that means only one dimension primarily.

You have two possibilities:

(1) To choose "Flat table" type in your custom-report definition - there you can define up to five dimensions at a glance. But you will miss some report capabilities with that.

(2) To modify your saved custom report with second dimensions, number of lines, segments, metrics displayed etc. and then make a "shortcut" - that is a "freeze" of exactly that report.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Christoph,

I used 'Flat Table', and it works perfectly for me.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Glad to hear!