Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Search Term Configuration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I've been having some troubles configuring the searched terms in my website in Analytics. I've been following some tutorials but ultimately I can't extract the correct parameter from my url.

My url after search: http://www.rnters.pt/items/search?utf8=✓&q%5Btitle_or_description_cont%5D=Prancha&q%5Bcity_cont%5D=&...

Can you help me extract the correct parameter to configure in Google Analytics so I can star tracking what my users are looking for. 

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum but I'm doing this on my phone and it was the only support I found!

Thank you in advance!

Re: Search Term Configuration

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Francisco!

it looks like "q%5Btitle_or_description_cont%5D" is the parameter you are looking for.
The parameter might need to be "q\Btitle_or_description_con\5D" since "%5" is an encoded backslash.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Elena

Re: Search Term Configuration

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Typically, the search query parameter lives between the ? and the = signs...so you are most likely going to want to set your internal search query parameter to utf8...