Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Search Engine Optimization Queries Issue - Any updates yet?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several clients who rely on this information and have not seen any data since November when this was a widely reported issue. I haven't done anything with the analytic settings or changed the domain information, so I'm positive this is a Google issue, but I'm still not getting query data. 

Does anybody have an update on this issue and when it might get resolved?

Thanks,

Pete

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Engine Optimization Queries Issue - Any updates yet?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Phiber :-)
Is information being tracked and reported in the Webmaster Tools Google Search Console for their respective websites?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeap.

It's still collecting all the usual data like impressions, referrals, browser data, etc.

The only incomplete data is on the SEO queries menu which seemed to stop logging data around November when this issue was reported. This is the same for all 5 of my clients. I can upload some screenshots if you want.

Pete

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok.. so in Google Webmaster Tools, in Search Console,
on the left, Search Traffic > Search Analytics and you select Queries in the pane on the right,
it is showing collected data for the default date range Dec 28 - Jan 24?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There's very little query data. Attached is both screenshots showing query data vs. traffic data. 

Any ideas?

traffic.jpgqueries.jpg

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ok.. so if there is next to no data in Google Webmaster Search Console for Queries for a particular site
then it stands to reason there would be next to no data for the Google Analytics Report
for Acquisition > Search Engine Optimization > Queries report
Google Analytics doesn't track this information, its tracked by Webmaster Tools Search Console and
imported into Google Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any reason then the search console isn't working then for all of my clients including my personal site? I'm still puzzled why this isn't getting the right data.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I dont know.. sorry.|
What i would suggest doing, is asking on the webmaster central help forum.
Reason being is that they obviously specialize in their product, and will be aware if there are any
current issues/bugs that may be causing problems with the query tracking and they will be able to go thru the setups with you
to check for any configuration issues etc that may have possibly been missed.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters