Analytics
2.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Search Console Data Not Showing in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have three websites that I track in GA. They are each linked to a corresponding Search Console site. In GA reports, the search console data for queries / impressions / clicks etc. used to show up but disappeared recently (I'm not sure exactly when or what triggered the disappearance, but it was sometime in the last couple of weeks).

In the GA Search Console reports, all data is showing as 0, as though there are no impressions / clicks etc., which is obviously not true. It therefore seems as though the link between GA and Search Console is broken, but I don't know why this is or how to fix it.

In Search Console itself, the data is showing up for the last 90 days as usual, it's just not being sent through to GA.

Any tips, suggestions or advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael B
June 2016

Re: Search Console Data Not Showing in Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Michael,

Any chance you have a segment applied? That would give you 0's for search console data. If they were no longer linked then you would see messaging that indicated that.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, I have a segment applied (mainly to retrospectively filter out referral spam). When I try no segments (All Users), the Search Console data is back so thanks for that, this seems to fix my problem.

As you suggest, it seems that when I apply any segment, the Search Console data doesn't appear.

Many thanks for your help

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Michal,

No worries; glad your data is there. Smiley Happy The segment will apply to any of the GA metrics in the report (but you shouldn't see spam here for organic traffic) and zero out all search console data as it's not segment-able. It's not really intuitive and with segments being sticky, it's easy to overlook.

Cheers,

Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo

I am facing the same issue with my GA. The search console data is not available for all the 3 websites am handling. I am not using any filters or segments in GA. Experiencing this situation for the first time. Checked all the verification and all. And One Property showing a msg " No Hits " in GA.

Any solution or advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Toms,

That's a little vague.  Do you have Search Console and GA Connected?

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1308621?hl=en

Also, are you trying to link more than one owned site to one GA property?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your support.

No, I haven't tried to add any other owned websites to my GA property. I have crosschecked it many times

No i have removed the owned website related to the property and associated again.. and waiting for 48 hrs, Will that deliver the result or give a solution for this ?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Thanks for the support !!

I issues has solved.. I had removed and added the website to GA search console again.. after 48 hrs the issues got solved and now am able to view the reports..

Thanks !! Cheers !!

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Glad to heat it, happy analyzing!

-Theo

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar issue.

What is a segment and what must I do with it to get GA showing traffic data again and get it synced with Search Console?