Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Scope of default dimensions and metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a listing somewhere that defines the scope for the default set of dimensions and metrics in GA?

Trying to understand limitations experienced when combining various dimensions and metrics in custom reports.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Max S,

Yes, you can use dimensions & Metrics Explorer this Link. Just click on the checkbox of the dimension or the metrics and it sill display suitable ones.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if you have custom dimensions? How do you figure out which of Google's default metrics can be used with my custom dimension? For example, my website has a number of custom dimensions with a "Product" scope. I can't for the life of me figure out which metrics are under the "Product" scope. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Rasmus H,

Basically, product scope dimension can be used with Google Analytics enchanced ecommerce actions such as product view, click etc. You can use Dimensions & Metrics Explorer by choosing a product scope metric or dimension to see what you can use it with your product scope dimension. Please refer to following article: link

I hope this helps,

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's really surprising that I can't find any documentation where I get the information of what's the scope of this dimension/metric. Ppl can't go around and click each dimension/metric and see what is allowed and what is not. Information should be consumable by a program. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am currently wondering the exact same thing. I can't find any list. Please let me know if you found something!

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are so right. This is just killing me right now. I made so many reports and now I can't figure our which are correct and which not because i can't find the scope of dimensions and metrics Smiley Sad