Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Scheduling monthly email reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When scheduling email reports, is there a way to specify a date-range of Actual Months? When you select "Monthly" it seems to send data based on a rolling 30-day range based on the delivery date. Is there a way to select granularity independent of delivery timing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Scheduling monthly email reports

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
When you choose to email a report you have the option for attachment type csv (default), tsv, tsv for excel, excel (xlsx), or pdf. For frequency you have the option for weekly (default) and you can choose the Day of the Week (only one can be choosen), once, daily, monthly (1st - 28th, or last day of the month), or quarterly. The only other choice you have is how long you want to receive the report it can be active for 6 months (default), 1 month, 2 months, 3 months all the way through 12 months. You have no coice in the number of days included in a month or at what time of the day it should arrive. The choices are rudimentry at best but better than nohing. I would also recommend that you keep a close eye on your reports as they seem to have difficulty being consistently delivered as some individuals have made note that they all of sudden just stopped or the name has changed when they pick back up. If you are going to rely on thiese reports as an intrical part of your business you are better off doing it through the API.

Re: Scheduling monthly email reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
that's unfortunate because I need to schedule email reports that summarize "Last Month" but it seems like it will show May 2nd - May 31st data because the Frequency != granularity. This is a standard feature in other reporting tools. GA could easily fix this.