Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Scheduled emails not validating .limited email addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who has altered email addresses to use a new top level domain extension of .limited

An example email would be clientname@companyname.limited

This is not being recognised within the scheduled email creator for sending automated reporting. Normal extensions work fine but .limited seems to be an issue. Am I posting this in the right place?

Thanks

Tom

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Scheduled emails not validating .limited email addresses

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes this should be the right place I think.
IN the meantime you can set it to go to a gmail then auto re forward to the email@email.limited that you want it to go to.
I cannot answer your question specifically have never seen a .limited myself - perhaps not recognised as legit yet
(don't know why a company would change to something obscure and weird when email delivery can be an issue with spam filters etc. - was there a particular benefit?)

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Ian R,
Can you upload a screen shot of what you are seeing in your GA account when you are trying to set up a scheduled email for this .limited email address?

Thanks,
Kathleen

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Ian,
Are you still facing this issue? Can you confirm that the .limited email address is an active email address? If you're still facing this issue we'll need your account details to look into this - I'll reach out via email if you still need assistance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,
Sorry for the delay responding to this. I can confirm it is still a problem for us as the client IT team don't really want to use Gmail to create a forward etc.
The screenshot Dave provided is what I get when trying to add the email address.
Is an email forward the only way around it?
Thanks
Ian

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Yes. We would need the Google Analytics ID and the email address in question to troubleshoot going forward.