Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Scheduled email reports with XLS attachment not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help, cause it's terribly frustrating to not get it working Smiley Wink

For one of our clients we have a scheduled email report: it's being send once a week with a report in PDF.

This client requested we send the report in excel format. No problem, we told him.

Except: we can't get it working. Only the instant, one-time reports are being send. If we schedule it to be daily or weekly (to the same email address as the one-time report, with the same attachment), it just doesn't get send. 

It's not in the spam, and all settings seem right (there aren't a lot of settings anyway..).

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Re: Scheduled email reports with XLS attachment not working

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Sounds strange.

If we go through: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1038573?hl=en

it says: <<The time zone selected in the view settings determines what data is included in the email. The email itself is sent sometime after midnight of the selected time zone, though an exact delivery time can't be guaranteed.>>

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Re: Scheduled email reports with XLS attachment not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi GA Guru,

Thanks for your reply! Only the timing is not the problem. I know an exact time can't be guaranteed. It's that the mail is not send at all. Not the scheduled day, nor any day after it.

Best Regards,
Ayalies