Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Scheduled Reports date range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a report which looks at our data over the past six months. When I schedule this report to be sent out weekly, it changes the date range to report on only the past week. Is there a way to schedule a weekly report, to show the data over the past six months?

Thanks,

Catherine

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Scheduled Reports date range

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Catherine,

Weekly reports will do just that, show the last week. There is not way to look at a rolling six months by using the report scheduler.

In order to do this easily, you need to leverage the API. This can be done via plugins for excel and Google Sheets e.g.
https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
or perhaps in R or a data vis platform like Tableau; although I'm not crazy about their GA connector.

We do some real cool API reporting solutions using custom code and visualizations so it's all packaged and branded and there is no "work" done to pull the data and visualize it.. that's another path you can take if you have the IT bandwidth and developers that are savvy enough to code with the API.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn