AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Sample Rate and Resulting Numbers

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Our site is one of the largest site in the country and is generating 200+ million PV / month. As Universal Analytics has a monthly data limit of 10M PV/month, we're contemplating changing the sample rates for UA and I'm thinking of using 1% sample rate.

My question is: will the resulting numbers still be automatically extrapolated by GA to be multiplied by 100 or should I do it manually? For instance, if in a month the Pageviews is 180 million, will GA show it as 1.8 million or would it be 180 million?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Sample Rate and Resulting Numbers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jullian G - good question. Google Analytics will in case you limit data collection report only on data collected ("When data collection sampling is implemented, hits are discarded on the client-side and are never collected or processed by Analytics."). I would in any case suggest you open a new property where the tracker will use the sample settings where you will then see the end result.

In any case think GA 360 or other tools which may not be limited in this way.

Kind regards,

Zorin 

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net