Analytics
4.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

SEO landing pages and queries missing data 6 days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a reoccurring issue that I've gone round and round with. Realtime data is fine so Analytics is working. The reporting is not. 

The data eventually catches up without any changes being made. I've referred this to "help" several time with no solution or image.jpegresponse.  For the past six days our data has been zero. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: SEO landing pages and queries missing data 6 days

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Frank :-)

This data is not tracked by Google Analytics, its tracked by Google Search Console (webmaster tools) and the data is then imported from there into Google Analytics.

Apart from the past two days not having data in Google Analytics (which is pretty normal), if you log into search console and go to the Search Traffic > Search Analytics reports, what is the last day/date that is showing data in there.
Atm for my reports it's Feb 23, and my GA reports are also looking the same as yours.. which would be pretty correct if there is a data reporting lag in Search Console.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problem as Frank. As of today (March 1st) both my analytics and search console are frozen at February 23rd, with no data between then and now. One week of keyword & landing page data appears to be missing, while live reporting and audience overview appear to be fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The good news is it's not lost and will show up in time. At least it always
has in the past. It would be nice if they could correct this. It's a
wonderful free service they provide at Google and it's much appreciated.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem is widespread. I have read on other forums complaints on this issue. So, I think there are no issues for concern. Let's wait and see when they will finally show up. Hope it's soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm wondering what the status is of this situation. What constitutes "lag" and when does that become a problem? 6 days seems excessive to attribute to lag.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Jason :-)
Are you still missing data in the Webmaster Tools/Search Console under Search Traffic > Search Analytics?

If so, then the best place to seek assistance is the Webmaster Central Help Forum,

they will be able to answer your questions about the Status of the lag situation with their product

Search Console etc

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, that was never the issue. It's that the data isn't showing up in Google Analytics. The data exists in Webmaster Tools but still hasn't shown up in GA.

I haven't seen any notification that this was no longer going to be available in GA so I can only assume that there's something more than just lag happening here. If that's not the case, then what is an acceptable time for this to just be a lag issue between the two systems? As I said earlier, 6 days seems a bit much.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Jason :-)
The original issue for most people (including myself), was that the data in Webmaster Search Console was not updating as expected eg on Mar 01, the last day of data displaying in Search Console was for Feb 26.

(If the data is not up to date in search console as it should be, then it cant export the data to google analytics)

1) I'd check that the Property and Views are still correctly linked to Search Console via the Adjust Search Console button at the very bottom of the Analytics Property Setting page

2) I would also log out of the google account altogether and make sure to clear all browser cache and cookies and then recheck the analytics reports, making sure that the date range at the upper right is set to the past 30 days.

3) Check that no filters are applied that may be blocking that data in the reports.

Are you able to pls post a screenshot of the Analytics Acquisition > Search Engine Optimization > Queries report

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No. All set until the next time