Analytics
6.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

% SEARCH EXITS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
in the "how site search metrics are calculated" Analytics help page there is an example of metrics calculation.
To calculate % search exits I have to apply the following formula:

(Search Exits / Total Unique Searches)*100

by definition.

If

• Total Unique Searches = 3 (camera, black camera, computer)
  • Exits = 1 (Session 2)

Why the reported answer is (1/2)*100=50% ?? 

I suppose that the correct denominator in not "total unique searches" but "the number of session with a search".
What do you think?
I'm sorry for my bad english Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marco G
December 2016

% SEARCH EXITS

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It looks like a mistake from my views too. The correct definition should be Search Exits / Sessions with Search.

% SEARCH EXITS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot help but perhaps you can help me?
Into the Behavior - Audiences Analytics section I copied/pasted the url of a page that has hundreds of visitors each day to see the Exit data but there is no data at all. What could I be doing wrong?
Gracia Marco

% SEARCH EXITS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot help but perhaps you can help me?
Into the Behavior - Audiences Analytics section I copied/pasted the url of a page that has hundreds of visitors each day to see the Exit data but there is no data at all. What could I be doing wrong?

Re: % SEARCH EXITS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Gracia Marco