Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Revenue discrepancy between traffic channels vs product performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking at these reports for the same date range (5/1-5/7) and the product performance report shows 30% more total revenue that the channels report does. It seems to be this way to varying degrees all the way back through February. January's revenue only off by ±1% when comparing reports. I would like them to be the same number. At the very least I'd like to know which one is more accurate. Any help figuring this out would be appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Griffin S
May

Revenue discrepancy between traffic channels vs product performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This sometimes happens if you have a poor ecommerce implementation; it does not send individual prices per product line item. GA ends up using the total revenue number.... e.g. For qty 5 of a $50 product ($250 total revenue), GA would show it as qty 5 of $250 total revenue = $1250 on the Product Performance page but show the correct $250 on the Channels report.

Channels report is best.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.